Georgetown uses an integrated approach to safety and security on campus and in the surrounding community, coordinating a network designed to provide a safe environment, to prevent problems before they occur, to respond swiftly and effectively when problems arise and to maintain essential services and business operations after a serious incident. In the event of any emergency situation on campus, members of the campus community should call the Georgetown University Police Department at (202) 687.4343.Back to Top
Emergency Contact Information
- Georgetown University Police Department: (202) 687.4343
- Georgetown Emergency Response Medical Service (GERMS): (202) 687.HELP or 687.4357
- Chaplain-in-Residence On-Call (During the academic year): (202) 677.0361
- Mental Health Emergencies: (202) 687.6985
- After Hours: (202) 444.PAGE (444.7243). Ask to speak with the Counseling Center doctor-on-call.
During inclement weather, please check the university’s operating status online or call our telephone hotline at (202) 687.7669 (SNOW) to get the latest updates on the university’s operating status. This website will also be updated as information is available in the event of emergencies on campus.Back to Top