Internet Marketing Best Practices
Website Makeover Look Like Million Bucks Add Mobile and Include Search Engine Optimization CLICK HERE >>
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Author Gerry Grant+ CEO/Founder PicVidShare.com, an Orange County Internet Marketing Company, has been actively involved in Internet marketing since 1994. LinkedIn | Google + | Facebook | Google + PicVidShare.com | Orange County Advertising and Marketing Associates Meetup
An Orange County Internet Marketing Company
Established in 1994, PicVidShare.com is an Internet marketing firm dedicated to making clients’ websites work smarter. That translates into more qualified site visitors, enhanced profitability and maximum Return-On-Investment (ROI). Our clients are medium to large sized multi–million dollar corporations, advertising agencies, PR firms and the clients they serve.
Internet marketing is the most effective form of marketing available today. The use of best practices consistently over an extended period of time will achieve maximum results. For companies to remain competitive, a properly built, professionally-optimized website is a must. It is imperative that marketing executives insert Internet marketing best practices into their marketing plans immediately or risk losing market share and brand equity. Effective optimization is an ongoing process—a corporate commitment, really—not just a one-time purchase. Because the stakes are high it is best to consider using an Internet marketing service provider.
INTERNET MARKETING INTRODUCTION:
Best Practices refers to processes that have been developed by businesses to achieve maximum results with an efficient use of company resources. This White Paper is a start at documenting the best practices for the Search Engine Optimization profession. We will attempt to educate decision makers in the corporate world about why Internet marketing is critical to the success of the business and how to implement it into their marketing mix.
INTERNET MARKETING PLANS
Many companies are so happy with their Internet marketing results they do not implement a full Internet marketing campaign, leaving a lot of revenue unrealized. I recommend that in order to achieve Internet marketing best practices, a company’s marketing team, in conjunction with a specialist in Internet marketing, should map out the full extent of what can be accomplished using all Internet marketing “components”—while maintaining a synergy with other marketing efforts.
The Internet marketing plan should include:
Keyword market research and analysis.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Strategic Pay-Per-Click (PPC) program management and media buying. The right combination can reduce per-visitor costs by up to 40%.
- Website redesign and editorial search optimization–the two most powerful and effective methods of quickly increasing search engine visibility and achieving higher rankings.
- Social Media Marketing targeting, design and integration.
- Analytics and ROI tracking to identify the most effective search engines, phrases, and keywords that allow you to track campaign activity and results in extraordinary detail.
- Powerful, interactive email campaigns capture your target visitors’ permission to send additional information.
HOW TO MAXIMIZE INTERNET MARKETING
As with traditional marketing, Internet marketing best practices begins with in- depth market research and benchmarking. The biggest Internet marketing mistake is made right from the beginning—choosing the wrong target keywords or key phrases. Keyword market research and analysis is the foundation of Internet marketing best practices, including brainstorming keywords, phrases, and synonyms, assessing key-phrase popularity, and identifying related or industry-specific words. One must identify key-phrase popularity and related or industry-specific words—these will be the most popular, targeted, and convertible search terms. Strategically, Pay-Per-Click (PPC) program management and media buying provide an immediate method of delivering visitors to your site with placement and top rankings on Google, Bing, and Yahoo, plus a number of other high-quality, lower-cost PPC search engines. Writing targeted titles and descriptions for your keywords and key phrases, and developing targeted landing pages to give your site multiple points of entry will dramatically improve your PPC results. These landing pages also need to be optimized to attract natural traffic and increase your PPC results. To extend your budget even further, it is important to “blend and balance” placements on higher-priced PPC search engines with listings on less-expensive search-engine accounts. The right combination can reduce your per-visitor costs by up to 40% or more. To maximize ranking, visibility, frequency, and reach, a specialist needs to include:
- Strategic Pay-Per-Click (PPC) program management and media buying.
- Conduct extensive keyword market research. CLICK HERE>> to learn more about keywords.
- Develop search-term-specific, keyword-rich landing pages.
- Select the most popular, targeted, and convertible search terms.
- Identify which keywords/keyword-specific phrases are most effective.
- Conduct continuous, industry-specific linguistic research.
- Coordinate all traditional marketing with Internet marketing efforts.
- Use PPC strategic information in your SEO efforts.
- Set up web analytics including click fraud monitoring.
HOW TO ENHANCE WEBSITES WITH SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)Website redesign and editorial search engine optimization are two of the most powerful and effective methods of quickly increasing search engine visibility and achieving higher rankings. Proper site design, page layout, and navigational setup will improve visitor satisfaction and increase revenues. When combined with today’s sophisticated analytics, you will even know what is working and what is not.
SEO Best Practices Research
- Determine how well search engines find and interpret the website’s content.
- Find out if you’re blocking the search engine spiders.
- Create a competitive website analysis to uncover details of your top ten competitors’ ranking strategies and the actions you can take to offset them and gain an advantage.
- Create a search visibility report that tracks a search-engine “spider’s” perspective of your site to reveal blocks, dead ends, and overall “spider” compatibility.
- Run a search saturation report to see how many page listings you have with the major search engines
- Create a keyword density analysis report that shows which web pages are telling search engines by analyzing keyword frequency.
- Establish a keyword effectiveness indicator that reports the number of web pages competing for selected keywords.
- Record current sales volume.
- Create a current report to see how many unique visitors your site has.
- Run a keyword ranking report to reveal a website’s top 30 rankings, per keyword, across the major search engines.
- Use a link popularity report to identify those who are linking to the website in order to calculate how many major search-engine links currently point to it.
- Optimize all website images using keywords in names, links and other design techniques.
- Write or re-write copy to create “topical community” to make it “search-engine friendly.”
- Develop search-engine-specific, keyword-rich pages.
- Develop customized thematic linking strategies and link-popularity programs.
- Implement an ongoing PR campaign using optimized press releases.
- Produce an ongoing business Blogs and Podcast projects.
- Submit articles and white papers to online sites and eZines.
- Correct all broken links and create a custom “page-not-found” document
- Create a Google site map and optimized site map
Analytics:In-depth ROI tracking, conversion analysis and web site analytics are all required components of best Practices. The sales volume, server log report, search saturation report, keyword ranking report and the link popularity report are all excellent benchmarks to evaluate future success.
The Internet marketing Best Practices Team
Best practices Internet marketing requires a market researcher with knowledge in linguistics, a professional copy writer with a knowledge of Internet marketing, including thematic linking and topical community, a graphic artist, a database manager, someone knowledgeable in creating dynamic websites, a PPC management expert, a web analytics expert, a linking strategy expert and a project manager, all with a knowledge of marketing. In addition a Social Media Marketing team will be needed led by a Social Media Marketing expert. Some of Internet marketing team can also be used for the Social Media Marketing. It is strongly recommended that a video production unit consisting of a News Style Video producer, a cameraman, reporters and an editor also be available. Research indicates that it is better to retain the services of a full- service Internet marketing agency rather than attempt to implement Internet marketing in-house due to the wide range of expertise needed to implement a complete marketing strategy. A survey conducted by Marketing Sherpa found that in- house Internet marketing efforts produced an average increase of 38% after six months, a very respectable increase. This was compared to the results from outsourcing to an Internet marketing full service provider that achieved a more than 108% increase in visitors.
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SEARCH–OPTIMIZATION.COM
An Orange County Internet Marketing Company
Established in 1994, PicVidShare.com is an Internet marketing firm dedicated to making clients’ websites work smarter. That translates into more qualified site visitors, enhanced profitability and maximum Return-On-Investment (ROI). Our clients are medium to large sized multi–million dollar corporations, advertising agencies, PRfirms and the clients they serve.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: