Blog Search Engine Optimization
March 28 2013| 0 Comments
WordPress Bloggers Search Engine Optimization
To learn about coaching from one of the top Internet Marketers Chris Farrell. FREE video and blueprint Click Here>>!
Website Makeover Look Like Million Bucks | Add Mobile | Includes Search Engine Optimization CLICK HERE >>
Website Makeover Look Like Million Bucks Add Mobile and Include Search Engine Optimization CLICK HERE >>
Step One Keyword Research
For Blog Search Engine Optimization
- Decide what you are going to write about.
- Go to Google Keyword Research
- If you have an Adwords account sign in. If not just type in your idea and fill in the Captcha.
- Pick a keyword phrase that has a significant number of searches and low competition.
Write about the topic using the keyword phrase you have selected.
- Use the keyword phrase in the title.
- Include the keyword phrase in the article.
- Avoid general terms for the topic using the keyword phrase instead.
- Words like product, it, them etc are not search terms.
- Open up the Dashborad for the blog then select Add New
- The first box will be your title and your URL
- Use the keyword phrase here.
- A Permalink will appear, this will be the URL for the post. Edit it to remove non-essential words. Remember this should be your keyword phrase. The title can now be different than the URL.
- Start your post with the keyword phrase in the first sentence and a smaller additional heading. In SEO this is called proximity.
- There is a button called Show/Hide Kitchen Sink that is the sixteenth button over. Click it.
- Now you can use the drop down Paragraph button and use Headings.
- Write a longer title to go at the start of the page. Highlight that then select the Paragraph drop down menu button. Use a Heading. The Heading1 is pretty big so I like Heading 2 or smaller. Remember that your original title will be above the story so don’t just repeat it.
- As you create content try and give each paragraph a heading using the heading feature. I have used Heading4 in this article.
- Use the keyword phrase in the story but not excessively.
Meta Tags SEO
- This is very important! It will tell the search engines what the story is about and also be your add copy as the Title and Description in your search results.
- Scroll down to the All In One SEO Pack
- Fill in the Title using no more than 60 characters.
- Fill in the Description with no more than 160 charecters.
SEO Blog Linking Strategy
- Link to other websites.
- Try to use the keyword phrase in the anchor text that you are linking from.
- Select the link button that is the chain that is ninth over and appears when you highlight the text.
- A box will open paste the URL into it.
- Put a short description of what the link goes to and try and include the keyword phrase if it makes sense.
- Select the Open link in a new window/tab.
- The alternative is to select “Or link to existing content” to link other stories on the website.
- You can still add information to the Title but you do not need to select the Open link in a new window/tab.
SEO For Images
- Find an image that represents your keyword phrase.
- Name the image using the keyword phrase not 123.jpg use keyword.jpg.
- Select Set Featured Image on the right.
- .When you load the image fill in the information on the right.
- Title – Use the keyword phrase here if you want it to display.
- Caption – Further information about the picture.
- Alt – This is used if the image cannot be displayed and is also what a reader will use to describe the image to a blind person. The search engines also read this as they cannot “see” images.
- Description – This is a good place to put in the keyword phrase but it should describe the picture. This is what appears when someone rolls over the picture.
- This information will help to get the image to come up in image search results.
- Put in one category maybe two, no more.
- Warning this is advanced and you will need a Google + Profile
- Include your Author Rank links to your Google + profile.
- Author rank is Google’s way of know who wrote what. The more you write the higher your ranking. Pretty cool.
- Create a link to your Google+ profile from your webpage, like this:
- <a href=”[profile_url]?rel=author”>Google</a>
- Replace [profile_url] with the your Google+ profile URL, like this:
- <a href=”https https://plus.google.com/115404972573441668669?rel=author”>Author Gerry Grant</a>
- Your link must contain the ?rel=author parameter. If it’s missing, Google won’t be able to associate your content with your Google+ profile.
- Add a reciprocal link back from your profile to the site(s) you just updated.
- Edit the Contributor To section.
- In the dialog that appears, click Add custom link, and then enter the website URL.
- If you want, click the drop-down list to specify who can see the link.
- Click Save.
- Author Gerry Grant+ this is what it should look like.
Social Media SEO
- Write a short description for Facebook and
- Add link to story. Do not use short links here.
- Find another picture that represents your keyword phrase
- Make the picture 400 pixels orless wide and add some text to it.
- Optimize the file size for the Internet and make it a jpg
- Use it in your Facebook posts
- Post the description, link and picture
- Like it from any Facebook pages you have access to
- Write a different description for Google +
- Write a 140 character description including link.
- You may need to use a short link here. You can get it from the permalink or use www.tinurl.com
- Tweet it with a # tag and a word that is the target of your story
- Exampls: #searchoptimization or #health
- Put information about yourself at the end of the article
- Put links to other stories you have done
- This is a good place for your Authro Rank information
Rinse and repeat for the next article. Click the G+ and +1 now.